Developing managers who communicate
We know that effective manager communication is important. Our challenge is influencing others within the organisation, getting the right improvement programmes in place, and making them stick. This course takes you through Kademy’s 4-step process to ensure that your managers are able and willing to be the communicators you need them to be.
The data supporting the benefits of effective manager communication is indisputable. Done well, we know that it drives organisational success by decreasing attrition, increasing productivity and engagement, and enabling more sustainable change. Yet most communicators cite it as an area of weakness within their organisations.
So what’s getting in the way? Fractured or ineffective training, competing priorities, high workloads, and an under-appreciation of communication as part of their managerial responsibility are a few of the most common obstacles.
Developing managers who communicate takes you through Kademy’s 4-step process of developing and executing a manager programme that helps you overcome these obstacles within your own organisation, advocate for better manager communication, and ultimately ensure that your managers are able and willing to be the communicators you need them to be.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Understand and be able to state the case for a manager communication programme.
- Apply Kademy’s 4-step manager communication model.
- Develop a manager communication programme based on your organisational needs.
- Create a communication plan that will motivate and inspire managers to participate.
- Assess the needs of your managers moving forward.
- Format: Virtual, on-demand using a combination of videos, exercises, templates, and discussion boards
- Estimated course duration: 3 weeks (2 hours per week)
- Access: Unlimited to members