Crisis communication: preparing for the worst
A crisis can happen to any organisation and crisis communication management is critical. You can’t wait until the crisis happens. You need to be prepared.
When a crisis hits, the impact on an organisation can be monumental. The importance of preparing for and managing a crisis cannot be underestimated. However, according to a PR News survey, almost half of companies don’t have a crisis communication plan and of those that do, over half haven’t tested their feasibility.
In this course, we’ll define crisis, provide an effective process for managing and measuring the outcomes, help you test its feasibility and increase your knowledge and confidence. You’ll know just what to do to ensure your organisation can act if a crisis should occur.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Determine if you have an issue or a crisis.
- Apply Kademy’s 3-step crisis management process.
- Develop a solid holding statement.
- Conduct a post-crisis analysis.
- Test your process for its effectiveness.
- Format: Virtual, on-demand using a combination of videos, exercises, templates, and discussion boards
- Estimated course duration: 4 weeks (2 hours per week)
- Access: Unlimited to members