An insider’s guide to comms
Whether you’re brand-new to communications or have communications experience and have just joined a new company, there’s a lot to learn. Be ready for anything with our insider scoop on how to exceed expectations and thrive in your new role.
Many of us join a communications team for the first time, unsure of what the role is or feeling surprised if it’s not what we expected. This can happen if we’re new to communications and a company or if we’ve switched teams in-house and newly joined the communications department. Even being experienced communicators and joining a new company brings challenges.
With tips you may not have heard before, find out what you really need to know to deal successfully with communication challenges, handle the unexpected and be one of the most valuable collaborators in your business.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Describe the various communications roles and skills required.
- Understand the opportunities and challenges in communications.
- Value the importance of working together with communication teams.
- Improve your relationships across the business.
- Produce a stakeholder outline to help you get to know the business.
- Elevate your self-awareness and self-management as you begin a challenging new role.
- Format: Virtual, on-demand using a combination of videos, exercises, templates, and discussion boards
- Estimated course duration: 4 weeks (2 hours per week)
- Access: Unlimited to members