When faced with a complex, challenging comms project, working with the right partner increases your chances of success and achieving the outcome you desire.
As a Kademy member, you’ll have access to our team of coaches, along with your dedicated account manager, who will help you tap into what communicators in other organisations are doing, inspire your thinking, ground your work in data and industry insights, and provide practical resources to move your project forward.
Here are just some of the critical projects we have recently supported Kademy members on.
A new comms team structure
A comms leader needed to present a recommendation for a new comms team structure to her company’s board in a short timeframe. As an experienced comms leader she knew what her options were but needed to be certain she was setting up the comms team to be ‘fit for future’ not just ‘fit for purpose’.
What did we did
- Conducted an advisory call with the Kademy coaching team to talk through her options for the reorganisation
- Shared our Quick Start Guide: Organisational Structures for Communications Leaders to give current industry trends and the latest thinking from other global businesses
- Set up a roundtable with other comms leaders to gather best practice, do’s, don’t and insights from peers
- Arrived at a conclusion and path forward that the comms leader and her team had full confidence in.
- A recommendation to the board that was supported by external case studies, benchmarks and the latest industry thinking.
- An aligned comms leadership team working towards the same goal.
Bringing a team together post reorganisation
After an internal reorganisation into one integrated comms team, one Kademy member wanted to bring the disparate parts of the team together in terms of process and ways of working, with the aim of reducing duplication and improving collaboration.
What did we did
- We first ran a session with the team to uncover what was – and wasn’t – working and found that while the structure had been integrated, their processes were still siloed.
- We then delivered a second session to work through how these processes could be reorganised for better performance.
- The team have created a new, improved 6-step process for managing campaigns across the group that saves time and reduces duplication.
- Increased opportunities for team members to get involved in projects outside their traditional siloes, improving cross-team collaboration.
Relaunching a purpose, mission and strategy
A large FMCG company was relaunching its purpose, mission, and strategy. They wanted to launch it in a way that involved all of their 150,000+ employees and made it feel like a conversation. With a tight deadline to present their comms plan back to the CEO, they wanted a way to ‘fast-track’ the development of this plan and get employees to buy into changes that were coming.
What did we did
- One-to-one thought-partnership with the comms leader to discuss a) how she could design the launch in a way that felt ‘two-way’ and b) how to present the plan to her CEO in a way to get his buy-in to the plan
- A 2-day planning workshop to fast-track the development of the detailed comms launch plan with the comms team
- A clear action plan for the launch including objectives, milestones, audience analysis and metrics.
- The comms leader had complete confidence in presenting the plan to her CEO with recommendations backed up by social proof, data and the collective expertise of her senior team.